| DEHUMIDIFIER PRODUCT | FAQ
| DOWNLOADS |
Humidity Control Information - Application on LOW HUMIDITY
Our Local Customers list
Low Humidity Application are found in many industries, offices and warehouses.
Our customers include a wide range of users
covering Military, Factories, Hospitals,
Warehouses, Libraries, Offices , Institutions and even Homes.
Most of the electronics components are sensitive to high humidity.
Although the many finished product can with stand up to 90%
non-condensing humidity, prolong exposure reduces their service life span.
A lot of component storage requires a mild level of humidity like 50-55%
RH to maintain a healthy shelf life. Many electronic components are
extremely sensitive to moisture during its raw form. That is why many clean
room for electronic component production has specified RH of between
30% to 45% RH. A lot of hard ware faults that do not occur in dry
European countries are happening in the tropics simply because of our
2) Electrical: A typical high tension switch room requires low to mid range humidity during and immediately after
installation. High voltage short-circuit occurs when the insulation is moist. Switch gears are to be stored in low
humidity storage space.
|3) Pharmaceuticals: Storage and production of tablets and
medicine are highly sensitive to moisture. A common problem called
caking will occurred which caused lumping of the powder will render
the entire production to useless waste. Other problem caused by high
RH include fungal growth, bacteria infection etc.
Dry air is most important during the production as well as during the storage of pharmaceutical products.
4) Archive: Films and papers will stick together if stored in moist
place. Paper turns yellow and disintegrates.
5) Computer peripherals: Communication and computers last a lot longer if they are used in a less hostile
environment. A lot of loss of data and hardware problems are indirectly caused by high humidity.
6) Metal: A lot of metals are free from corrosion if the environment is dry. Even rust can be avoided from raw
iron if the RH is low in the environment.
7) Swimming pools: Swimming pools: Indoor swimming pools are usually extremely humid. It caused a sense
of stuffiness and reduces the swimmers perspiration process. Constant dehumidification is a definite
8) Food: Drying is usually part of food processing. Food exposed to moisture are subject to sogginess, lumping,
contamination, fungal growth etc. Rice can be stored in a low humidity space for decades without
spoiling. Biscuits can remain crispy after 5 years if the RH is low during its storage time.
Cheese storage in Falköping, Sweden. The
Relative Humidity is controlled by 3 Seibu Giken DST RZ-units.
of humidity is important while
9) Marine: Cargo holes are to be dried after washing and spray painting needs a dry environment for the paint
to stay on with strong bond to the surface.
10) Plastic: A lot of plastic raw materials need to be dried before moulding.
11) Military: A lot of military gears must be stored at low RH to keep away from rust forming. Gun power
and explosive are particularly sensitive to moisture.
HMS Ark Royal, United Kingdom is kept in a state of
extended readiness by 29 DST dehumidifier units.
Belgium, is protected by DST dehumidifiers when on ground.
12) Wood processing: Wood is to be dried before processing.
13) Batteries production: Extremely low RH is required to batteries production.
|14) Photography equipment: Lenses are particularly subject to fungal growth. Most films are moisture sensitive.|
15) Leather Products: leathers are mold / fungal growing agent.
Moisture spoils most leather products.
16) Warehousing & Storage: increasing numbers of high end warehousing complexes are installing humidity control system
to provide better storage environment to their customers.
air storage are used for a variety of materials, corn, coffee, powders
sugars, electronic equipment. As the name indicates, dry air is essential
for maintained quality. Using air is far more economical than heating and
ventilating large storage areas.
17) Water pump rooms: Usually water pipes and pumps have certain level
of leak, and especially where chilled
water is used, condensation occurs where portion of the pipes are not too well insulated.
GOTO Recommended RH for various product
Information on Humidity
Disclaimer : The information we offer above is not absolute and fool proof. For serious engineering calculation and load estimates, please
approach the trained professionals and authorities. Please consult us for detail calculation for installation that requires a
definite humidity level.
HOME | DEHUMIDIFIER PRODUCT | FAQ | DOWNLOADS | DISCLAIMER |
email: firstname.lastname@example.org How to find our address ?
Tel: 65-68410060 Opens on 9 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday ( Except holidays).
Address: 52 Ubi Avenue 3, #01-47 Frontier, Singapore 408867